6 Quick & Easy Breakfast Freezer Meals

 


As the new school year takes off, so does about a million other things! The days grow busier and busier as the year draws to an end with shorter days and bustling holidays. It creates a need for me to save as much time and energy as possible.

My favorite time saver is meal prepping. With a big family of seven, it’s more of a ‘must-do’ than an option. I set aside time every Sunday to meal prep for the upcoming week. That time is well spent when the hustle and bustle of our daily schedules gets overwhelming! Just grab a freezer meal and pop it in the oven or microwave, viola!

This is especially true for our mornings. There’s a ton of chores that need to be done around the homestead first thing and that leaves little time for cooking up a big breakfast every day. Instead, I started making these freezer friendly breakfast meals that are both quick and filling!

These first few recipes are all variations on breakfast sandwiches. You can change the meat, veggies, or any ingredient to your liking. For example, my favorite bagel sandwich is made with breakfast steaks, grilled onions, cheese, and eggs. I can precook the steaks, onions, and eggs and then assemble the bagels before wrapping and freezing. Sadly, mom’s favorite isn’t anyone else’s, so I usually skip pre-making this one  

*A great tip to cook a bunch of eggs at once for these sandwiches – bake them on a cookie sheet in the oven! I cook my eggs at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, then cut them to fit the sandwiches with either a biscuit cutter or square them with a spatula.









There are tons of yummy variations on pancake mixes, be sure to try your own! I often change up the fruit and meat options or skip the meat and just freeze the pancakes after they have cooled. This is our nine-year-old’s favorite breakfast meal!




Breakfast casseroles are usually a weekend thing, but for this one, I can thaw it overnight in the fridge and pop it in the oven while doing other tasks in the mornings.



Hope these recipes gave y’all some ideas! Let me know if you have a favorite freezer meal for breakfast in the comments below. I’d love to try some new recipes!

Happy cooking!

xxoo

Crystal



                     




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Autumn Simmer Pot Recipes & Diffuser Blends

Dollar General Digital Couponing: My New Obsession!