Dollar General Digital Couponing: My New Obsession!

 


Okay, I just gotta share my latest obsession with y’all, and I admittedly am behind the game on this one! I’m not a complete novice to couponing, but I am far from an expert, so I hope I explain this correctly or if y’all have any tips – please share them in the comments below!

Here it goes – do you shop at Dollar General? Are you like me, living in a small rural community where we might not have a Target or even a Walmart, but we do have multiple locations of Dollar General stores in multiple sizes? Do you like saving money on everyday household essentials? Do you avoid using paper coupons or just forget them on your shopping excursions? If you answered yes to any of these questions – this is the post for you!

I was recently introduced to digital couponing via a friend. She is a pro at saving money, anywhere, but she knew that I wasn’t a fan of couponing. I told her years ago I had a coupon club that me and fellow moms would get together and exchange coupons, scenarios and all that jazz but as time passed and life got busier – I didn’t feel like I could keep up with clipping, scouring ads, and store hopping anymore.

Well, she starts telling me about Dollar General digital coupons and how she uses their app. She proceeds to send me a couple pictures of her latest couponing hauls and shares how much she paid for them. Y’all, I was blown away! She said it was the easiest way to coupon she had ever tried, and she sent me a scenario (which products to buy, how many of each, which coupons to clip in my app, and the cost breakdown). I decided to give it a go and holy cannoli, it worked! I saved over $45 on my first digital coupon deal, only paying $11 out of pocket!

Here’s how it works:

1.     Download the Dollar General App on your phone or smart device.



2.   Create an account using your phone number.

3.   Click on the coupon icon at the top of the app or deals icon at the bottom and then coupons.



4.   Scroll through the coupons and select the ones you would like to use. *BE CAREFUL* I made the mistake of clicking different coupons for the same product before and unfortunately, sometimes this causes the lesser value coupon to attach to your product instead of the higher one or you would need to buy multiples of that product to use both coupons. I suggest working up your scenario before selecting to add coupons to your account.

5.    Add products to your list or cart to verify totals before shopping.




6.   Use the order pick up option or go shopping! Just enter your phone number on the keypad at the register and your digital coupons will attach!

That’s it! Never worry about a forgetting your coupons again!

A bonus to Dollar General couponing is the plethora of scenarios available every week on social media platforms. I joined a couple of groups of Facebook, my favorite one is called ‘Dollar General Digital Couponing Only’, followed a few others on TikTok and Instagram, and absolutely love the community support. These groups share weekly scenarios when new coupons hit the app. They also share Saturday deals (Dollar General has a weekly $5 off $25 coupon) where totals can be less than $5 for $25 worth of products!

Here is a view of my stockpile after two months of doing this:

Toothpaste galore & finally scored on toilet paper!

Lined out shelf is a mix of other supplies not DG.


Now keep in mind that we are a big family of seven and I’m not clearing shelves at Dollar General, I’m mainly focused on buying things we need. Stock piling sounds like you are clearing shelves to fill your own, but it takes some time and effort to build these up! I will say, I am going to need better shelves soon. Another bonus to having a supply of products on hand, I am in a better position to donate when the need arises in our community, help out family and friends, and less worry about having items we need when emergencies arise or money is tight.

Here are just a few great deals you can get this week:

 

Buy one bottle of Natrol Melatonin 30 ct, use $2.00 digital coupon, pay $1.00 + tax

Buy 3 - 2pks of Olay Ultra Moisture Beauty Bars, use $5 digital coupon, pay $2.50 + tax

Buy one bottle of Suavitel Fabric Conditioner, use $1.50 digital, pay $1.50 + tax

These are just a few what I call any day deals. If you buy all of these items (6 total) you'd pay $5.00 + tax and the retail without coupons would be $13.50 before tax. That's a savings of about 63%!!

If y’all are interested, I could share my Saturday shopping lists on Fridays with a breakdown of what coupons to clip. Just leave a comment below!

Happy savings!

Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Quick & Easy Breakfast Freezer Meals

My Favorite Autumn Simmer Pot Recipes & Diffuser Blends