My Favorite Autumn Simmer Pot Recipes & Diffuser Blends

 


My favorite season is upon us! Soon, the air will be filled with scents of autumn; wood burning stoves, crunchy leaves, apple cider, pumpkin spice, cloves, and crisp cool mornings. The leaves put on a show enticing us to drive to the mountains and take family photos. Fall break means a family mini trip, followed by Halloween, football games, and Thanksgiving. Bonfires fill our weekends and cookouts in the backyard. Did I mention it is my favorite season?!

In honor of my favorite season, I want to share some easy fall simmer pot recipes that will fill your home with the comforting scents of autumn! Now, I am a candle burner, but sometimes I want to be able to have a fragrance fill our home without having to worry about, you know, pets or kiddos knocking it over, or forgetting it's burning and possibly catching something on fire! The way this year is going, I've been taking extra precautions!

But first….

What is a simmer pot?

A simmer pot can be best described as any pot you use to simmer something in water on the stove or a warming plate. Now, I may be revealing my old age here, but back in the day, my mother had a potpourri simmer pot that resembled a tiny crockpot. I had to look it up to see if you could still buy them and unfortunately, the ones made by Rival are only available through vintage dealers on Etsy or other sites. A couple alternatives to stovetop simmer pots would be a crockpot or an essential oils diffuser. I prefer using my crockpot, mainly because I can use ingredients I have on hand like spices, kitchen compost such as citrus rinds or herbs, and things from our garden. 

 

How do you start?

Stovetop saucepan simmer pot: use a small saucepan (1.5 – 3 quarts) and fill with water. Add ingredients from favorite simmer pot recipes below and bring to a boil. Allow water to boil for five to ten minutes, reduce heat to simmering or low, adding water as needed.  

Crockpot simmer pot: fill crockpot with water and add ingredients from simmer pot recipes below. Turn crockpot on high and place lid on crockpot. Once your crockpot begins to steam (I can usually smell the scent starting to fill our kitchen) you can remove the lid and set the temperature to low. Again, just add water as needed.

Essential oils diffuser pot: I use essential oils to create simmer pot scents, too! See the list below for fall favorites!

 

These recipes are my favorite fall scents but can be adjusted to suit your own personalized preference! I highly recommend mixing up the ingredients to create your own ‘signature scents’ too! 




 

Here's to filling your home with cozy and inviting fragrance. Happy Fall Y’all!

xxoo

Crystal





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Quick & Easy Breakfast Freezer Meals

Dollar General Digital Couponing: My New Obsession!